Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component One

Literal:
(a) I, Samantha Torres, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(b) Billy Rugh at Creative Planet School of the Arts
(c) linked on the side under Independent Component Log
(d) I used my mentorship as my independent component so I worked with kids from Creative Planet of the ages 5 to 14 as they prepared for the annual winter show. I got to look in on classes as well as watching over and helping with rehearsals.

Interpretive:
My Independent Component helped me look deeper into my topic and spend more time with my mentor. I got to watch rehearsals and work with the choir and soloists as they prepared for their show.
I watched the whole show being performed full out without costumes, I got to help with the numbers that weren't completed at the time and prepare the soloists as they were about to perform. 

This was a view I often saw, I sat in the back of the class so I didn't distract or with the class occasionally as they rehearsed for the show. I also got to sit in on classes where it was simply music being taught or practiced.
This was a music class I assisted, they are in groups to start practicing the recorder and learning new songs from the workbooks in front of them.

Applied:
This helped me understand the foundation of Music Instruction because I got to witness first hand what it takes to teach every type and grade level of a child. No one class is the same every class has their ups and downs but the teacher is what keeps it together. For example in the Music I class there are a lot of pictures, and games to keep the kids attention since they are the younger of the school, where as in a Music II class the children are expected to be able to do work from a book and practice among each other. they work as teams to achieve the next song or next level of difficult in the piano books it just depends on the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment