Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog 10: Senior Project: The Holiday

1. Over break I wasn't able to work directly with my mentor or at my mentorship because they were on break as well since its a school but I finished completely reading a book I use for my research called "Nurture Shock".
2.  I simply re-read the chapters I had already read and I read the chapters I didn't use in my research. "Nurture Shock" is about child development and gives pointers on teaching and parenting.It teaches about the negative power of praise, why children feel the need to lie, why some kids don't get along and how to make it easier for them, and other small things that teachers and parents should not do in order to better a child.I had already absorbed the knowledge from doing my research, but re-reading it made it clearer.

3.  If I was going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to my EQ answer I would talk to the principle of my middle school and mentor Mr. Billy because he has worked with children for so long and has seen them transform and grow over the years. I could also interview my middle school music teacher Mrs. Amy Rodriguez because she has also been there for children from young ages teaching them music, instruments, and even facilitating in teaching some kids voice. Either of them would be very helpful in answering my EQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment