Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

LITERAL

(a) Samantha Torres, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(b) Billy Rugh at Creative Planet School of the Arts 
(c) Independent Component 2 Log
(d) I completed more of my mentorship being able to work closer with the kids and to the teachers I work with. I got to observe the students further, see their progress as well as how they work with each other through different conflicts. 


INTERPRETIVE 


I sat in on a lot of recorder classes, where students worked with each other, alone, and with the teacher to complete the songs they are working on. Since everyone is on different levels sometimes the class would split and I would work with half well the primary teacher worked with the other.


This is an example of the type of songs the smaller children learned first and worked on for a very long time before being able to move on. Regardless everyone has improved since the beginning of my component.


This is the teacher (Mr. Arafiles) I worked with most during this component as well as a student during a drum circle that happened during spirit week. 


This is the type of vibrant and energetic environment the students are constantly in, there is little time to be complacent in a class like this where everyone's attention is needed. Especially when working individually, or performing.

APPLIED
 This really helped me dig deeper into understanding my essential question; it showed me how diverse music instruction is and how each child could be affected by its teachings. The answers I have so far answer have been clearly demonstrated by the classes I have simply watched. 


No comments:

Post a Comment