Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blog 2: Mentorship

1. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al75YAaQjJ1kdGtfLXF1VW1DTmhqU205NG9nbFhZUkE&usp=sharing

2. Billy Rugh
(626) 856-1710

3. What questions were raised because of the 10 hour experience?
- Does vocal training in a child help or harm their voice for the future?
- Is solo voice more helpful to vocal range than choral singing?
-Is it helpful for children to participate in voice?

4. What is the most important thing you gained from this experience?
The most important thing I gained from this experience was to watch the teachers work with and warm up the children. I never really knew how to properly warm up my voice before singing without a teacher's help but I got to see and record teachers as they did this.

5.How did what you did help you choose a topic?
This mentor ship helped me choose my topic of singing because it showed me how interesting and how much i wonder about the vocal chords and singing in general. I took classes in choir and in solo voice and they both interested me even though they are different in nature. Choir singing interested me in how the blend of certain notes work together and make perfect harmony, and solo voice caught my interest by how the vocal range in different for everyone and how you an stretch your vocal range and get past breaks in your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment