Sunday, May 11, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Literal:
Mentorship Log
- Billy Rugh, Creative Planet School of the Arts

Interpretive:
- What is the important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
- An important thing I gained from the experience is first hand application of the things I read about. I got to see how the students reacted to the music education and the progress even if it was minimal. I worked with different age groups so each responded differently and was taught different. It was a lot of information at one time but very helpful to senior project, I got all my answers from simply watching the kids work. I did research along with my mentorship but there is no way this project would have worked without the help of mentorship.

Applied:
- Working at my mentorship has given me hands on experience to answering how music instruction influences a child's ability to perform. Without my mentorship at CPSOA I don't think I would have been able to come up with any of my answers. Working directly with the students and their primary teacher's solidified my own experiences pertaining to my answers. I was given so much from my mentor Billy Rugh, he allowed me to be involved in the classes as much as possible and was willing to answer any of my questions. He helped me answer my essential question and truly believe in music instructions helpfulness in a child's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment